Wednesday, February 2, 2011

…and I ran.

It was a cold day today.  Walking to work at 6 am this morning it was approximately 18 degrees Fahrenheit.  A smart guy would have warn more than a sweater on the mile and a quarter journey from apartment to place of employment.  On my walk to work, and during part of my split shift, I was trying to figure out when I would be running today.

I knew that I would be getting off close to 11am, but back to work at 3 pm.  With only 4 hours to run, eat lunch, and spend time with the Spouse and Offspring excuses began knocking around inside my head with cold using an air horn instead of the doorbell. 

However, I had read an article in Runner’s World a while back and that gave some advice on running in the cold.  As I geared up for this run (with sweat pants, t-shirt, long sleeve shirt, long socks, stocking cap, and a sweatshirt)  my excuses began to dissipate into nothingness… and I ran.

No comments:

Post a Comment