Monday, February 14, 2011

I told you so…

In deciding to become an Aspiring Ultra Runner a few weeks ago I thought it would be a good idea to get to know some.  As posted on my RunningAhead page I mentioned an Ultra running forum that I joined or recommended.  In posting a question about training for the race in June several people said I needed more of a base before starting to train for something so close.  I blew that advice off.

Big mistake!  It wasn’t long after that my shins started hurting.  The pain started about half way up my ankle and went all the way to my knees.  It felt like steel rods had been driven through my knees and stopped just before my ankles.  Today is the first day that it does not feel like I am walking around on the ends of those rods.  If I would have listened, and not started out so aggressive, I probably would be out running instead of typing this.

Lesson Learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment